Monday, February 13, 2012

school...

So I am thinking about changing my major...

Apparently this happens to everybody so Im not too concerned. And technically I have done this one other time. I went to Weber State when I first graduated High School for Laboratory Sciences but after one semester of having to work in a Cadaver lab I decided it just wasnt for me.

Then I started going to the U and I thought, I know! I want to save the world and go into Environmental Studies and Sustainability.

Now Im not sure if its for me. Not because I dont want to save the world because I do, but because its really depressing. Everyday I go to class or every night I read a chapter and I get bombarded with facts about how bad of shape the world is in. Overpopulation, air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, bad politics, oil crisis, energy crisis, etc etc etc. Its a bit overwhelming. And the possible solutions to the problem are almost as confusing as the problems themselves. So what to do?

Yeah I can probably find a career fairly easily in this field, and I would probably never be out of work. But will I really be happy? Am I doomed to a life of trying to convince people to not use plastic bottles and not drive SUV's? I dunno.

I was kind of thinking about going in to Anthropology (the study of mankind/ humanity). Not only does it sound cool but it seems like it would be a good/ similar degree. The only thing I worry about is that its too generic and I wont have any career at all.

I still need to finish out this semester before I make any rash decisions but I have some serious decisions to make. Its not like I can just waste thousands of dollars while deciding what will make me happy. I just wish it was easier to know whats in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment