Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I got the blues!

I made these the other day and they were sooo good. I wish I still had some because I would eat them all up, again, and again, and again.
Photobucket

I got the recipe from this website:
Hell Yeah Its vegan
(but I made a few alterations to it)

Best Blueberry Muffins
Yield: 12 regular muffins, or 6 jumbo muffins

1½ c unbleached all purpose flour
½ c toasted wheat germ (I used ground flax seed/flax seed meal)
1 tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ c + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
¼ c plain, unsweetened soy yogurt (I used vanilla flavored)
1 c plain soy milk
1/3 c maple syrup
1 1/3 c blueberries

-In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour through salt). In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients, including blueberries.

-Add wet mixture to dry and stir just until moistened, being careful not to overmix. Spoon into a greased muffin tin (there will be just enough batter to fill each cup 2/3 of the way full). [Also sprinkle sugar on the top of each muffin to make it a little sweeter]
Bake at 375° 20-25 minutes, or until tops are golden.

1 comment:

  1. These look soooo yummy! Im definitely going to try them :)

    ReplyDelete