Thursday, December 3, 2009

xmas movies.

There really aren't that many days until Christmas. Well technically there are but I am really bad at procrastinating and so before I know it Christmas is going to be tomorrow. I have heard lots of Bahumbugs this year and I think everybody would be much happier if they just sat down and watched one of these awesome holiday movies with a warm cup of peppermint hot chocolate and some peanuts roasting on an open fire.

My most favorite holiday movie is Home Alone.
Photobucket
Its a classic plus Macauly Culkin is such a cute innocent little kid in it. I really liked Home Alone 2 as well, not as much as the first but its good sequel.

I also really like Elf.
Photobucket
This is one of the first movies I started loving Zooey D. (except I dont really think its that old) and I think its one of Will Ferrel's best.

My next favorites are Christmas Vacation and How the Grinch Stone Christmas (the first one, not Jim Carey, even that one is alright I guess)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Christmas Vacation is the best because stuff like that really does happen... sometimes. Life can certainly be boring but then comes along times where you just think to yourself "This isn't happening, This isn't happening..."
And How the Grinch Stole Christmas is just cute, ok.

Other good ones are Bad Santa and A Christmas Story.
They are the kind of funny where things are really awkward and you dont know if you should look away or just laugh out loud. But they still have somewhat of a holiday spirit and people coming togehter as a big happy family, kind of.

And last but not least faves are Harry Potters. I know, I know, these technically aren't "Christmas" movies but they are sooo magical and thats what the holidays are about, right? The 1st one and 4th one have the best holiday scenes and it makes me wish I was right there w/ Harry and Ron and Hermione opening a present from Mrs Weasley which probably would have been a sweater with a big V on it.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we all should have a movie night? OR we can go see that new Christmas movie with Jim Carey, that looks cute. But you know, I'm probably the worst "bah-humbug"-er you know. I hate Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo downs for a movie night at home or at the movies!

    ReplyDelete