Sunday, November 22, 2009

reading

I love new books and magazines that are different and original ideas.
I found this really cool book at B&N and I had to have it as soon as I saw it, haha. Its Called Hi-Fructose. Apparently it's a magazine and this is the best of the articles/ artists. It has some really cool stuff in it and it reminds me a lot of Pop Surrealism and that type of art stuff.
It has the usual ones (Mark Ryden, Ray Caesar) and some pretty cool ones I havent heard of before. Its pretty neat.
Photobucket
I also go the new Lula magazine which I have been waiting for for such a long time. It only comes out like once every 4 months but it is so worth it -not to mention its from the UK so it takes even longer :( It is seriously the coolest magazine I have ever seen. I want the first editions that came out but they are quite pricey on ebay... maybe I can find some good deals online.
It has the cutest articles and interviews in it and its not all super serious.
One of my favorite in this one is a little dedication to one of the old silent film movie stars- you can't get any cuter than that.
Photobucket

To add to my collection I really need to get these books.
I have really liked this artist since I saw the little fairies on the Prada bags from a year or two ago. He has some interesting takes on anatomy and lots of different portrayals of people and human activities. (some of it is a little um, unusual but its all really good I think haha)
Photobucket
Photobucket

I like this art because it explains a lot of ideas that I have. Haha. Sometimes they just don't make sense. My ideas can be like dreams with so many elements and so many random people, objects, and themes that the only to understand is just to look at the bigger picture and plus not everything has to make sense, sometimes thing can just be what they are.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love all of these!! I'm the same way with magazines, and I adore Lula -- so creative and original. Such a lovely post my dear! have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Mark Ryden and Ray Caesar!

    ReplyDelete